Here are some of the more notable and useful features of roblox-ts that are supported right now:
- The entire Roblox API is available and has type definitions, with automated generation and releases with Roblox updates.
- Promises with
- async/await with promises.
- Promise cancellation.
- Map (Also WeakMap)
- Set (Also WeakSet)
- Array methods (.map, .filter, etc.)
- Object methods (.entries, .values, .keys)
- String methods (.concat, .split, etc.)
- Rest/spread syntax in objects and arrays
- Try/catch and object throws
- Bitwise operations
- TSX for Roact with the @rbxts/roact package
- Files named
index.tswill be compiled as
init.luain order to align with conventional syncing plugin details, allowing you to have scripts inside of other scripts in the game tree.
- Generator functions
- Symbol.iterator with spread, destructuring, and loops
Some features of TypeScript are not supported for various reasons. You can view them under Unsupported Features